Shochu is the most widely drunk spirit in Japan - yet Shochu is still largely unknown outside Japan. Hardly any other drink offers more variety of basic ingredients and flavours, no other distillate is better suited as an aperitif or digestif, and above all for food pairing. Shochu is also wonderfully suitable for cocktails.
With the Ginza "Shochu Explorer Box", you can get to know shochu in depth. We have put together an exciting selection from our product range for you. You'll find different raw materials as well as different types of koji and shochu with different alcohol contents - from light to genshu!
The box contains in detail:
1. Kumaken Shochu (rice, yellow koji)
2. Chingu Kuro Shochu (barley/Iki shochu, black koji)
3. Kiyosato Cask (potato, white koji)
4. Daiyame Shochu (sweet potato, black koji)
5. ten sho chu (sweet potato, white koji)
6. The Tatsugo Gold (Kokuto (brown sugar), white koji)
7. Yamanoka Shochu (shiso, yellow koji)
8. Piment Shochu (green pepper, white koji)
9. Beniotome Kuro (black sesame, black koji)
10. Mayan No Tsubayaki (soba/buckwheat, white koji)
*Box contains 10 x 50 ml bottles, not manufacturer miniatures, but bottled.